Local Pharmacy First Extension Service
The aim of the Local Pharmacy First Extension Service is to allow patients suffering from skin conditions or skin infections to access advice and treatment from community pharmacies without the need to visit their GP. Community pharmacists will carry out a consultation in the pharmacy with the patient.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
In light of the COVID-19 situation and the related symptoms of a COPD exacerbation, advice from the respiratory team is to temporarily withdraw the PGDs from use in Community Pharmacies. An exacerbation of COPD will no longer form part of the local Pharmacy First service until further notice.
Any patients with symptoms of an exacerbation of COPD should be referred to their GP practice.
The Community Pharmacy Development Team will update you when it is appropriate for these PGDs to be reintroduced.
Mild Skin Conditions
- Hydrocortisone Service Specification
- Hydrocortisone PGD
- Hydrocortisone GP Notification/Consultation Form
- Skin Conditions Patient Information Leaflet
- Dermatology Presentation
- Flucloxacillin Service Specification
- Flucloxacillin PGD
- Flucloxacillin GP Notification/Consultation Form
- Skin Infections Patient Information Leaflet
- Skin Infections Presentation
The following claim forms should be submitted to Carol Droubay on a monthly basis to claim the consultation fees:
- Local Pharmacy First Extension Service – Claim Form V4 (from 29th July 2020)
NES have developed a Pharmacy First Extension Service module which covers skin conditions and skin infections. This can be accessed on TURAS Learn.