The aim of the Pharmacy First Service is to allow patients suffering from a variety of ailments to access treatment from community pharmacies without the need to visit their GP whether that is within GP opening hours or out of hours.
Community pharmacists will carry out a consultation in the pharmacy with the patient and provide advice and treatment if required under locally agreed Patient Group Directions (PGDs).
- Chloramphenicol Service Specification
- Chloramphenicol PGD
- Chloramphenicol GP Notification/Consultation Form
- Conjunctivitis Presentation
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
In light of the COVID19 situation and the related symptoms of a COPD exacerbation advice from the respiratory team is to temporarily withdraw the PGDs from use in Community Pharmacies. An exacerbation of COPD will no longer form part of the local Pharmacy First service until further notice.
Any patients with symptoms of an exacerbation of COPD should be referred to their GP practice.
The Community Pharmacy Development Team will update you when it is appropriate for these PGDs to be reintroduced.
- Fusidic Acid Service Specification
- Fusidic Acid PGD
- Impetigo GP Notification/Consultation Form
- Impetigo Workshop
Mild Skin Conditions
- Hydrocortisone Service Specification
- Hydrocortisone PGD
- Hydrocortisone GP Notification/Consultation Form
- Skin Conditions Patient Information Leaflet
- Dermatology Presentation
- Flucloxacillin Service Specification
- Flucloxacillin PGD
- Flucloxacillin GP Notification/Consultation Form
- Skin Infections Patient Information Leaflet
- Skin Infections Presentation
Urinary Tract Infections
- Trimethoprim Service Specification
- Trimethoprim PGD
- Trimethoprim GP Notification/Consultation Form
- Trimethoprim Workshop
- Clotrimazole Service Specification
- Clotrimazole PGD
- Clotrimazole GP Notification/Consultation Form
- Vaginal Thrush Patient Information Leaflet
The following Claims Forms should be submitted to Carol Droubay on a monthly basis to claim the consultation fees:
- Pharmacy First UTI & Impetigo Claim Form (updated July 2019)
- Pharmacy First Additional Local Services Claim Form (updated July 2019)
NES have developed a learning module containing five sections: Urinary Tract Infection, Skin Conditions (including Impetigo), Anti-microbial Resistance, Information Gathering and Referral (using SBAR). You can access the e-Learning modules on TURAS Learn.