E-mail is used routinely throughout NHS Forth Valley as a quick and effective method of communication. All Community Pharmacies with an independent SWAN connection have access to an NHSmail Shared Mailbox which should be checked daily. In Forth Valley, we send ‘business-critical’ information to Community Pharmacies including:
- Drug Alerts
- Scottish Government Circulars
- Community Pharmacy Contract Information
- ePharmacy Programme/eHealth Information
- Health Board newsletters including Prescriberfile and Pharmacy News
- Training bulletins
- Hospital Discharge Information
- Other ad-hoc business-critical items
E-mails are sent in accordance with the E-mail Communications to Community Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedure.
To access NHSmail training, to request an account or for password resets, please contact Suzanne MacCrimmon.