Opiate Substitution Therapy
Forth Valley Pharmacy Contractors Committee (PCC) and NHS Forth Valley have agreed a model of delivery of pharmaceutical care for patients prescribed Opiate Substitution Therapy in Forth Valley. The model embraces a patient centred recovery focus where community pharmacies are reimbursed for providing a package of care (i.e. a monthly fee per patient) rather than payment per item of dispensing/supervised dispensing.
As part of the contract it is expected that pharmacies will develop a care plan for each patient engaged with the service.
- Forth Valley Recovery Orientated Substance Misuse Partnership Agreement
- Service Specification – Recovery Focussed Pharmaceutical Care for Patients Prescribed Opiate Replacement Therapy
- Contract – Recovery Focussed Pharmaceutical Package of Care for patients on Opiate Replacement Therapy (Methadone & Buprenorphine)
- Pharmaceutical Care Plan Aide Memoire – Buprenorphine
- Pharmaceutical Care Plan Aide Memoire – Methadone
- Buprenorphine Supervision Process
- Forth Valley Substance Misuse Services Communication Guideline (July 2022)
- Community Pharmacy Guideline for Dispensing and Supervision of Opiate Replacement Therapy (Sept 2017)
Forth Valley Substance Misuse Services will provide a report detailing the number of patients prescribed Opiate Substitution Therapy by community pharmacies at the end of each month to determine the payments made by Primary Care Contractor Services.
For further advice contact:
Lead Pharmacist Mental Health and Substance
Phone: 01324 566728