Welcome to the NHS Forth Valley Community Pharmacy Services Website – your central point for information and resources.
Community Pharmacy Opening Hours
As part of the response to the current Covid-19 outbreak, Community Pharmacies may not be able to keep to their usual opening hours. This is due to both the outbreak and large volume of prescriptions they are currently dealing with. Please click the following link to get the most up to date opening times.
COVID-19 Latest Information
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Letter – 16th March 2020
- Community Pharmacy Development Team Briefing – 17th March 2020
- GPhC Statement – 18th March 2020
- Alcohol and Drug Services Briefing – 19th March 2020
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Letter – 24th March 2020
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Letter – 27th March 2020
- Covid-19 FAQs – 2nd of April 2020
- COVID-19 PGD – Supply of Paracetamol for Fever (aged 3 months to 11 years) – 3rd April 2020
- COVID-19 PGD – Supply of Paracetamol for Fever (aged 12 years or older) – 3rd April 2020
- Process for escalating a request for additional resource – 9th April 2020
- Community Pharmacy Development Team Briefing – 9th April 2020
- Community Pharmacy Development Team Briefing – 15th April 2020
- Community Pharmacy Development Team Briefing – 8th May 2020
- Temporary E-mail Communications to Community Pharmacy SOP V1.2 (Updated 25th May 2020)
Can I get tested for COVID-19? Yes – if you or a staff member is displaying symptoms, or have a family member displaying symptoms, then testing is available to you.
How do I arrange to get tested? Send an email to FV-UHB.HealthProtectionTeam@nhs.net, copying in the Community Pharmacy Development Team (FV-UHB.firstname.lastname@example.org) and
What details do I need in the email? You need to download and complete the NHS FV Healthcare Worker Test Referral proforma and email it to the contacts above.
Emergency Care Summary (ECS)
If you work in a Forth Valley pharmacy, you can submit an application for an ECS account by e-mailing
FV-UHB.email@example.com with the following information:
- GPhC Registration Number
- NHSmail Address (this must be a personal NHSmail account and not a shared mailbox address)
- Pharmacy Name
- Pharmacy Contractor Code
- Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Registration Number
- ECS Quick Reference Guide V2 (updated 27th May 2020)
- ECS Frequently Asked Questions
- ECS Patient Notice
Local Resilience Hubs
- Communication to Community Pharmacies – 16th April 2020
- Covid-19 Temporary Volunteer Driver Medicines Collection and Delivery Process
- Volunteer Driver Delivery Log
- Community Pharmacy Coronavirus Poster 16th March 2020
- Reduced Opening Hours Poster
- Be Kind to Staff Poster
- Do Not Enter Poster
- You Might Wait A Little Longer Poster
For information on the new NHS Scotland Pharmacy First service, please click here.
For all the latest information and advice on shortages, please click here.