Welcome to the NHS Forth Valley Community Pharmacy Services Website – your central point for information and resources.
Community Pharmacy Closures & Additional Support
Community Pharmacies are now encouraged to revert to their usual opening hours, where possible. If this is not possible, owing to staff availability or cleaning requirements, for example, please continue to regularly update Carol Droubay and the Community Pharmacy Development team. If you are at risk of closure because of increased workload, staff illness or isolation requirements, additional support can be requested by completing the Additional Resource Request Form.
Community Pharmacy Development Team Briefings
- 24th July 2020 (Pharmacy First Briefing)
- 14th July 2020
- 10th June 2020
- 27th May 2020
- 8th May 2020
- 15th April 2020
- 9th April 2020
- 19th March 2020 (Alcohol & Drug Services Briefing)
- 17th March 2020
COVID-19 Latest Information
- Temporary E-mail Communications to Community Pharmacy SOP V1.2 (Updated 25th May 2020)
- Community Pharmacy COVID-19 Contingency Plan Summary (9th April 2020)
Can I get tested for COVID-19?
Yes – if you or a staff member is displaying symptoms, or have a family member displaying symptoms, then testing is available to you.
How do I arrange to get tested?
Send an email to FV.HealthProtectionTeam@nhs.scot, copying in the Community Pharmacy Development Team (FV.email@example.com) and FV.firstname.lastname@example.org.
What details do I need in the email?
Complete the NHS FV Healthcare Worker Test Referral proforma and email it to the contacts above.
Emergency Care Summary (ECS)
If you work in a Forth Valley pharmacy, you can submit an application for an ECS account by e-mailing
FV.email@example.com with the following information:
- GPhC Registration Number
- NHSmail Address (this must be a personal NHSmail account and not a shared mailbox address)
- Pharmacy Name
- Pharmacy Contractor Code
- Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Registration Number
- ECS Quick Reference Guide V2 (updated 27th May 2020)
- ECS Frequently Asked Questions
- ECS Patient Notice
Local Resilience Hubs
- Communication to Community Pharmacies – 16th April 2020
- Covid-19 Temporary Volunteer Driver Medicines Collection and Delivery Process
- Volunteer Driver Delivery Log
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Letter – 16th March 2020
- Community Pharmacy Coronavirus Poster 16th March 2020
- GPhC Statement – 18th March 2020
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Letter – 24th March 2020
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer Letter – 27th March 2020
- COVID-19 FAQs – 2nd of April 2020
- COVID-19 PGD – Supply of Paracetamol for Fever (aged 3 months to 11 years) – 3rd April 2020
- COVID-19 PGD – Supply of Paracetamol for Fever (aged 12 years or older) – 3rd April 2020
- Reduced Opening Hours Poster
- Be Kind to Staff Poster
- Do Not Enter Poster
- You Might Wait A Little Longer Poster
For information on the new NHS Scotland Pharmacy First service, please click here.
For all the latest information and advice on shortages, please click here.