Forth Valley Pharmacy Contractors Committee (PCC) and NHS Forth Valley have agreed a new model of delivery of pharmaceutical care for patients prescribed Opiate Replacement Therapy in Forth Valley. The model will embrace a patient centred recovery focus where community pharmacies will be reimbursed for providing a package of care (i.e. a monthly fee per patient) rather than payment per item of dispensing/supervised dispensing. The new system will commence as of 1st April 2015 for all patients prescribed methadone and buprenorphine. All community pharmacies who are currently engaged in the current methadone and buprenorphine services are invited to transfer.
As part of the contract it is expected that pharmacies will develop a care plan for each patient engaged with the service. This will be an extension of the system developed for the pilot buprenorphone service.
- Forth Valley Recovery Orientated Substance Misuse Partnership Agreement
- Service Specification – Recovery Focussed Pharmaceutical Care for Patients Prescribed Opiate Replacement Therapy
- Contract – Recovery Focussed Pharmaceutical Package of Care for patinets on Opiate Replacement Therapy (Methadone & Buprenorphine)
- Pharmaceutical Care Plan Aide Memoire – Buprenorphine
- Pharmaceutical Care Plan Aide Memoire – Methadone
- Buprenorphine Supervision Process
- Forth Valley Substance Misuse Services Communication Guideline (March 2015)
- Community Pharmacy Guideline for Dispensing and Supervision of Opiate Replacement Therapy (September 2017)
Forth Valley Substance Misuse Services will provide a report detailing the number of patients prescribed Opiate Replacement Therapy by community pharmacies at the end of each month to determine the payments made by Primary Care Contractor Services.
For further advice contact:
Jean B. Logan
Lead Pharmacist: Mental Health & Substance Misuse
FV Alcohol & Drug Partnership
Old Ward One
Stirling Community Hospital
Phone: 01786 454798